Friday, December 19, 2014

Kevin's Book Post

Catching Fire
By: Suzanne Collins
     After constant harassment from my sister to continue reading the series I finally read book two of The Hunger Games series that I started way back in middle school. Perhaps it was the time difference since reading the first one but I did not enjoy the second book nearly as much as the first. The book started off a lot more boring to me and it seemed rather slow paced. Towards the middle when the rules to the 75th Hunger Games were announced is when it got interesting again to me. Perhaps I just like all the action in these books which is why when they aren't fighting it seems slightly boring.
     I also watched the movie this semester as they added it onto Netflix. I don't like watching movies after I've already read the book. All the suspense is gone so it's not nearly as exciting as the first time. It's nice to see the director's image of what happened in the book but often times it's not different enough from my own to keep things interesting. I also experienced this after watching the Maze Runner movie this semester. I had already read the book back in middle school so watching the movie wasn't as great for me as it was for my friends because I already knew the big twist at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment