Chess Openings: Traps and Zaps
This book taught me that the opening is one of the most important parts of a chess game. It went over some of the basic rules for what to do in the opening so that I could know what opportunities to look for and what I need to accomplish. It mentioned many things that should have happened on the chess board by move 10. Some examples would be castling the king and connecting the rooks on the back ranks. It also explained why it was important to develop the pieces and where each piece was best suited. Interesting past games from grandmasters were shown and their strategies were analyzed in order to see why what they did was effective. It's fun reading about their games and strategies and I get inspired to try and do what they do when I play but unfortunately it doesn't always seem to work out. Nonetheless, I learned a lot from watching how they play, especially during the opening. Because of that and many other lessons in the book, I feel like my gameplay has improved significantly from reading it.
No comments:
Post a Comment