Thursday, December 18, 2014

Chace's Book Post 2

Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief
by Rick Riordan


      I really forgot how much I love these books.

     The Percy Jackson story line has always been one of my favorites, but since I have been studying mythology, the story is has only gotten better. The accuracy with the greek mythology only enhances the story. I really enjoy books that are written in first person because it makes the story seem more personal. Honestly, if I hear that a book is written in third person, it kind of makes me want to not read the book. The Percy Jackson books are written in a more modern tone, and therefore they are very quick reads. The first book isn't my favorite, however. The fifth book in the 5-book series has to be the best one. I really like the "everything is coming to a close" part of books and movies, so the fifth book is the best. Simply because it is mostly the ending action and more interesting parts of the story.

     My main interest in the PJ books is due to my love for mythology. The books were actually what inspired me to study mythology this semester. The modern aspect of the mythology was what initially grabbed my attention and pulled me in. Basically, the first book is about Percy's journey to recover Zeus' stolen master lightning bolt, and the adversities he faces along the way. The second book is about his journey to recover the Golden Fleece because the borders of his camp are dying and they need to be healed. The third book is about his journey to find Artemis and stop a war with the Titans. The fourth book is about Percy's battle with opposing forces and the use of Daedalus' Labyrinth as a war tunnel. The fifth book is about the battle for New York city and Percy's internal struggles. Overall, the series covers everything there is to know about greek mythology. Rick Riordan also has a series out about roman mythology.

No comments:

Post a Comment