Thursday, December 18, 2014

Chace's Book Post 3

Los Juegos del Hambre
by Suzanne Collins

     Recently, for my AP Spanish class, I started reading The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins in Spanish. At first, it was nearly impossible. However, as I've started to read more of it and increase my vocabulary, the recurring words are becoming less difficult to remember. Luis told me to read a book I had already read in English, and The Hunger Games came to mind immediately. The book is really thick, but I think that's just because the font is bigger and the wording is longer. Many phrases in Spanish take more words to say than they do in English. I am enjoying learning more Spanish and rereading one of my favorite books. The Spanish in the book has some phrases that are only used in certain Spanish-speaking countries, so sometimes I get stumped. That's when the prior knowledge of what is going on at that point in the book comes in handy. Knowing what is generally going on in certain parts of the book is very useful because it helps when I don't know a certain word or phrase. I think The Hunger Games was an excellent choice of book to read in another language. 

No comments:

Post a Comment