Thursday, December 18, 2014

Chace's Book Post 4

Divergent 
by Veronica Roth

     So initially, I was going to read the Divergent series this semester. I wanted to read the book because I saw the first movie and really enjoyed it. However, the books were really slow in my opinion. They just seemed to drag on and I didn't like Roth's writing style. They were written in first person, however; which is something I enjoy. I like the story line of the Divergent series, but the books were just excruciatingly slow. I'm a really fast-paced person, and when books are slow I just give up on them. A few times in middle school I started books that were really slow, found where they sped up, read a summary up until that part, and then picked up the book again. I gave up on the Divergent books pretty quickly because of how slow they were. I only wish they read as good as the movie was, because I don't like to watch a movie without reading the book. After giving up on the Divergent books, I quickly switched over to the Percy Jackson books because they related to my directed study subject and I really enjoyed them when I read them the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment