Monday (8/25)- Investigate Confessionalism in depth. Research the poets from the movement.
Tuesday (8/26)- Investigate the themes of Confessionalism and add themes to the outline of poets from Confessionalism.
Wednesday (8/27)- Finish the outline: themes, poets, and example poems.
Thursday (8/28)- Turn in outline. Take the physical copy of the timeline and turn it into digital copy. Add new information and make aesthetically pleasing.
Friday (8/29)- Continue to work on timeline.
My week went very well. I learned a lot about Confessionalism that I had no idea about. My favorite part of this week was researching the Confessional poets. My outline ended up having a lot more information about the poets than I originally planned but that is a good thing. Through all the research on the authors I learned something interesting. The themes and styles of the Confessionalist movement are explained and understood more thoroughly through knowing about each of the authors. Plath and Lowell, just two of many examples, had extremely difficult lives and faced more than a few demons. Therefore, they had a lot to “confess” hence the name Confessionalism. Their writing style was real, blunt and often times brutal. Their writing style reflected their lives. Plath wrote about her life, her experiences and her emotions. It was a new wave of poetry, a new era, a new ideal. I love it. The Confessionalists were some crazy people and not afraid to express it. I did not get to work on my timeline today (Friday) because of my race. I plan to do my digital copy of my timeline next week.
ReplyDelete