The Quest by Nelson DeMille
I am about halfway through with my novel and I cannot wait to finish it. I love this book because it is about history. The novel is based on three reporters search for the Holy Grail in Ethiopia. The reporters are two men (one young and one old) and a beautiful young woman. Both of the men are enthralled with Vivian and she is indecisive about which one she loves. The three odd travellers are all in Ethiopia for different reasons but end up together on a trip following a rebel army around reporting on the civil war taking place in Ethiopia. However, somewhere along the way they met an old priest who dramatically told them the story of his life’s journey to the discovery of the Holy Grail and of course they must go search for it.
However, it is not the common search and conquer and end type of plot. These three reporters do not even make it on their quest before the rebel army captures them and threatens their lives. The gang did escape and made it back to the safety of Rome where things took a strange turn. In Rome, the quest is put on a hold and the three go their separate ways. This is where I am in the novel. I want to know if they make it back to Ethiopia but the title of the book gives it away. Since it is called “The Quest” I am assuming the three locate the Holy Grail but I will have to read on and find out.
So far my favorite character in the book is Vivian. She is the go-getter of the novel. I secretly wish that I could be her because she gets to travel the world and take photographs.
No comments:
Post a Comment